Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Blinding Light and the Stench of Death

+2
Macloren
Azeem
6 posters

Go down

A Blinding Light and the Stench of Death Empty A Blinding Light and the Stench of Death

Post  Azeem Wed May 27, 2009 1:07 pm

A blinding light and the stench of death... That’s all he remembered, no recollection of who he was or what he was doing in the harsh cold tundra.

Wrapped in the rotting furs of a sickly mammoth he looked like something more akin to a ghoul, but up close there was fire in those big dark eyes. Standing just shy of 7ft tall and with skin the colour of duskwood oak, not much could scare this barbarian behemoth. But his lack of memories pulled at the strings of his sanity.

Days passed and food was scarce, he needed rest and warmth before his body finally gave up. He spied a recess in the face of the mountains and slowly trudged his was to the entrance. With barely enough room to house his enormous bulk and out the cold winds, unconsciousness overcame him and he slipped into delirium.

A Cross, A Cathedral, Towering White Spires, Laughter, Light. Images flashed before his eyes. What did all these mean? Were these his memories or his mind dreaming up images to taunt him until his body expired.

A face staring down at him, he knew this face... Dread flowed over him and threatened to consume him. He had let this face down. A severed head next to a decapitated corpse. His Brother, The other beating heart of his soul.... Cartheron.

Memories came flooding back in a torrent he could not control. His unconscious form burning with righteous fire melting the ice filled cave and smoothing the rough rock underneath with molten fury until at last peace...

Light everywhere. Bright shining light, he could see steps to the cathedral and just make out a figure in the archway. He knew this face too. This was the lightbringer. This was Uther.

"Leave my son, it is not your time".....

Broken of his delirium and no longer feeling the cold of the glass cutting winds, Azeem stood tall with an aura of pale yellow light surrounding his frame. "Your soul is safe brother and I will have vengeance".

Last edited by Azeem on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azeem
Azeem
Scripture Militant
Scripture Militant

Back to top Go down

A Blinding Light and the Stench of Death Empty Re: A Blinding Light and the Stench of Death

Post  Macloren Wed May 27, 2009 8:21 pm

(( Oh,ho,ho,ho!!!!! I like it. does this meen that Azeen might be making an apearence again? I'd like that. I love my big Bbald ass kicker!!

Good story too, I liked the images it brought to mind.

well done, 1 house point Smile ))
Macloren
Macloren
Lord Militant
Lord Militant

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&

Back to top Go down

A Blinding Light and the Stench of Death Empty Re: A Blinding Light and the Stench of Death

Post  Evangelist Wed May 27, 2009 11:13 pm

well im feeling inspired and i think i would love to here very much moor of that. WELL done
Evangelist
Evangelist
Order Champion
Order Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Cartheron Thu May 28, 2009 11:17 am

YEAH NIGGAH! loved it mate, made me wish Cartheron wasnt dead.
Cartheron
Cartheron
Loremaster
Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeem Thu May 28, 2009 12:19 pm

((hehe thanks chappy chaps, I dont know maybe I will make an apperance........... Carth... were have you been you big lug? You got the net back or have you found some work?))
Azeem
Azeem
Scripture Militant
Scripture Militant

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaylaruana Thu May 28, 2009 12:22 pm

Very good story. Are you going to write more? Very Happy
Kaylaruana
Kaylaruana
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeem Thu May 28, 2009 12:39 pm

((You may not be familiar with my writing style as I generally dont do any creative writing whatsoever :) hehe But who knows, I maye write some more.))
Azeem
Azeem
Scripture Militant
Scripture Militant

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaknor Thu May 28, 2009 2:14 pm

The initiates whispered in the cloisters:
'They say the loss of his brethren has been one that has weighed upon his soul. I hear he's mad.'
'They say he's always been mad.'

The younglings sniggered to one another as they jested at the old man's expense, a shadow fell over them. A voice like black thunder blanketed out their sniggering.

'You will never know pain and loss like the ones who are left behind.'

They turned to the source of the voice but all they saw was a receding shadow, and an echo that resounded from the cloister walls.

'Edge,' it whispered.

As he knelt before the alter, Vaknor felt a single tear well in his eye.

((I've missed my shadow brothers greatly, nice work steve))
Vaknor
Vaknor
Chaplain
Chaplain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down