Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before the light.

4 posters

Go down

Before the light. Empty Before the light.

Post  Arwain Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:21 pm

I still remember it like it happend yesterday,the day i started the teachings to become a paladin but something big happend before that,before i became what i am now.For that we have to go many years back when i still was a young boy,dedicated to become a great knight and hero,just like the ones that past our little town,telling great tales of there deeds.

It was early in the morning when i walked towards him,a man in strong armour....muscles as strong as steel.
Ehm...sir..excuse me sir,im here for my training to become a knight.The man looked at me and mumbled something i did not quite heard.
Get in the line boy,just like the others.If you survive youre training today,maybe you have a chance he laughed.
Indeed the day was hard,more and more ran off as fast as i could and at the end of the day me and four other guys where still standing there....more dead then alive but we stood there.
Im proud of you boys,did not expect you to be still standing here the man said.From this day on you all can call me commander Rydon.I will make sure you all become the greatest of all,mark my words.

Years past and we faced many hardships and horrors,battles that seemed impossible to win where won.Enemies 2 times as big as us where putted down.We Became the best of the best.Soon after that we and the commander where promoted.We would do missions no others could not complete or even would try to complete.We became elites.

From that day on we where ordered to assault many criminal camps what under order of leaders who threatend the kingdom.One by one we took them out,slaying hundreds of lifes.

We where just finished destroying another camp when our commander came to us with a new mission.He told us he had located the hideout of one of the leaders and we where to act at once.Like we always did we folowed his orders,mounted up and setted the jurney to his hideout.When we reached the place after a few days of traveling and located the house he should be living in.We setted up a small camp just north of it and decided how we should go in.With my recent achievements,i was promoted to lead us towards this victory before we left.

It doesnt seem to be defended,probaly he doesnt expect us one of my felow knights said.
I dont know,this just doesnt feel right,if he was a leader he should have had enough defense to even stop us i said.
Lets just make preparations one of them said,the five of us are the best they have...we dont have to doubt or orders,im sure they know what there doing.

With that we decided to just charge in and take everyone out.We mounted up and ran at full speeds towards the house.When we ran our horses inside the house,the enemy was overwhelmed and two of them where take out at once.Whenw e got of our horses i noticed it was a women and a man,both of middle age.Downstairs was nobody anymore so we went up to check it out.A young women was there,defenseless and to scared to even move.She was beautifull and i saw the look in the eyes of my men...i knew what they where thinking.But something wasnt right and the pictures flew trough my head.A women,a man both of middle age and a young women,probaly the daughter.This were not criminals but innocent people.

I stepped forward and asked for her name.She looked at em scarred and carefully words came out her mouth....My na...me.. is... Arwan.
Do you know why where her i asked her.She looked me in the eyes and then words came out again.Commander Rydon sended you,to kill us....because my father knew his secret that he was killing refugees to gain more wealth.

I could not believe what she said....he was using us but before i could say something the other soldiers stepped forward and grabbed her.Where going to have some fun with you before you die.The commander pays us good,thats why we help him.We dont care about the people's lives.

What...you knew about this!We where killing innocent people....we murdered women and childeren for this.I could not believe it what i heard.
You did not know,poor guy.Im sure the commander will explain everything when we return...after we are done with her.They threw her on the ground and she crawled in a corner,her eyes looking scared in mine while the soldiers where walking towards her.

For a second i was paralyzed then it snapped.I drew my sword from his sheet and before they noticed i pierced my sword trough one of the soldiers back.In a instant i pulled it out and cutted the second one in his chest.His eyes sprung wide open when he fell to the ground.
You traitor one of the other two yelled,youre going to die for this and he charged in at me.When he swinged his sword at me i was barely able to dodge it,leaving a cut on my chest.
I reacted right away and kicked him down and smashed my sword right trough his head.Anger dwelled trough me while i pulled my knife out of a pocket.The last surviving knight looked at the girl and raised his sword to cut her down.In reaction i jumped before her and took a heavy blow,with a scream and all of my anger in putted my knife in his neck.He dropped dead to the ground and i looked behind me,i looked right in her eyes before dropping to the ground aswell and my eyes turned black.

Open youre eyes...just open youre eyes a voice told me.Its not youre time yet,head towards the church and tell them youre story,what you did the last few years and what happend on this very day.Also talk about me,that i sended you.Thats what rest you,there is still alot to do.Now open youre eyes the voice yelled!

When i opened my eyes i saw her again,threating my wounds...i saw tears falling from her face and i knew why but why did she help me even if i killed her parents.
Then she noticed i had my eyes open,she smiled a little at me but only thing i could do was to watch at her with sorrow in my eyes.I did something horrible to her and that would never be made up or restored and yet she saved my life.
Why....why did you safe me,after all i did to you?
You did that because you did not know,when you found out you showed youre righteous heart,destroyed the demons that where responsible for it and saved my life which almost costed youre own life.Thats why i did everything i could to safe you.With that she smiled at me again and walked off towards and other room.

When she got back with some drink and food i could not help myself not looking at her,i knew that i would protect her from now on now she had no one left.
I want you to come with me to stormwind,you will be safe there and its my duty now to protect you,you wont be safe here.
She looked at me and then nodded in agreement.

Days passed and when i finaly had the strengt to travel again we moved towards the great city,the horses from my fellowe soldier where still standing at the camp so the traveling was made easy.After three days traveling we finaly reached the gates of stormwind.
This is the day our lives will chance forever i said to the young women on the horse next to me.She looked at me with a smile and with that we went trough the gate,on our way to the church.

((hope you all like this one,at least i think its alot better then the one i did before.If this one is any good i will think about writing a folow up story Wink
Arwain
Arwain
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Back to top Go down

Before the light. Empty Re: Before the light.

Post  Cartheron Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Very nice mate, very nice. I do like how no-one in the Order has a nice happy past Smile
Cartheron
Cartheron
Loremaster
Loremaster

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeem Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Cartheron wrote:Very nice mate, very nice. I do like how no-one in the Order has a nice happy past Smile

We are at a time of war brother and subject to the endless charade of pain.

Happy times are for all the other bastards in Azeroth.
Azeem
Azeem
Scripture Militant
Scripture Militant

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaylaruana Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:57 pm

Cartheron wrote:Very nice mate, very nice. I do like how no-one in the Order has a nice happy past Smile

Hm...Kay has Very Happy
Wurse ever happend to her is loosing her doll.
And love the story Arwain cheers
Kaylaruana
Kaylaruana
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down