Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you view the Order

+5
Evangelist
Arill
Balamir
Cartheron
Azeem
9 posters

Go down

How do you view the Order Empty How do you view the Order

Post  Azeem Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:29 pm

I've just been chatting to Cartheron and I thought I would ask everyone else how they viewed the Order.

By this I mean, If you could describe what the Order of Illumination is to you and your Paladin.

I think mine would be.

Azeem views the Order of Illumination as a means to vanquish undead and the horde from the World of Azeroth and beyond. He knows the light shines in his heart and although he may not share the same views of other Paladins he does stand by two virtues. Believe in the Light & Protect the Greater Good.

I would think that he doesnt view the Order in any "Lawful Good" alignment and he would be the first to use the enemies weapon against them because he has proved himself time and time again to be free from taint and the Light burns bright in his heart.

Just though I would get everyone elses' thoughts on what this guild is to them and their Paladin.

For The Light and Illumination
Azeem

Last edited by Azeem on Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azeem
Azeem
Scripture Militant
Scripture Militant

Back to top Go down

How do you view the Order Empty Re: How do you view the Order

Post  Cartheron Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:57 pm

I think most people, having read my stories and the intro i did for Cartheron would know pretty well how he sees the Order....for those of you who dont:

The Order, for Cartheron, represents atonement. His past sins, and those of his family are such that he knows he is already damned - he is seeking repentance that he can never achieve. While he acknowledges the Truth of the Light, Cartheron knows firsthand the darkness that lies in the heart of man and all of mans weakness.

Cartheron does not live by the tenet of 'Protect the Weak' - he is more than prepared to let people die if it means he can defeat the Dark. The struggle against the Dark is all that matters and he will use any means necessary to prevent the lands of Azeroth from being engulfed. If it means innocents must die then so be it - he will carry the burden of their deaths and atone for this sin alone.

He realises that his Hate is both his greatest strength and deepest failing and accepts that he will never be the paragon of virtue that is Evangelist. He knows that people have expectations of the Order as Paladins but knows he cannot meet them.

At the end of the day he sees the Order as both a Holy Duty and as a calling, while his path may be dark and guided by hate he would wish that no other walks it and that the Order remain as it is - a beacon of Light in the Dark.

While some may see the Order as a 'lawful good' organisation, Cartheron sees it as his chance to repent for his sins and to serve the Light as best he can
Cartheron
Cartheron
Loremaster
Loremaster

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&

Back to top Go down

Post  Balamir Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:35 pm

[[**cheers Azeem** guys i am expecting participation from every member of the forum especially from our new brothers and sisters, please do not hesitate to write what is your Paladin like or what you think a Paladin should be, everyone has his own truth so yours will not be judged, just write the perspective of your Templar everyone and i mean EVERYONE =) ]]

Balamir sees The Order as a sun that is capable of banishing darkness of any scale, therefore he sees The Order as a Lawful and good alligned faction as it must be, he thinks that corruption has reached every single branch of mankind and only his Order, being the sole Paladin Order can be virtually flawless as he thinks all his brothers are Lawful good as he is (he is totally unaware of scourgebane and its doings) having lived by Torm's teachings since the age of six he is well aware that nothing good comes out of degeneracy, he would not even consider the use of a virtually debatable method for whatever purpose and would never stand by another doing so in his presence. He knows that salvation can only be reached through purification and thinks resorting to the ways of the wicked in the name of ''defeating evil'' can be nothing but impiety and defeating evil in its own methods would achieve nothing but planting the wicked seeds to the man and turning him into an even greater follower of dark. His lifeforce is centered on justice and devotion therefore he would not hesitate to stand up to corruption regardless of who he sees it in.

He has respect for the perspective of other classes and races but has no patience for the slightest sign of corruption in his own kind therefore he believes that Paladins that reside with others in mixed guilds are likely to stray from their ways hence the only way of becoming a true Paladin would be becoming a part of the ever gleaming radiance that is his Order!
Balamir
Balamir
Knight Captain
Knight Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Arill Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:58 pm

Only one simple word:...home
Arill
Arill
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangelist Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:26 pm

i really like that word and you have ben with us for a long time and no what that meens i really think it sums it all up for me
Evangelist
Evangelist
Order Champion
Order Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaknor Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:07 am

Family. Vaknor lost his family and was given a knew one in the form of the Order. He feels like a grandfather to many of the younger initiates and a brother to those he has fought so many battles beside.

Vaknor was with the order from his first days as a paladin and shall be till his last.
Vaknor
Vaknor
Chaplain
Chaplain

Back to top Go down

Post  Macloren Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:23 am

Macloren has been groomed to lead the Order since his childhood. His father pledged him to Uther’s service when he joined the Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand at it’s inception. Then when his father died & the Silver Hand was disbanded Greyson Shadowbreaker took the young Macloren & placed him in the care of Brother Azeem & Brother Evangelist for them to bring up in the ways of the light.
Apart from his earliest childhood memories Macloren finds it hard to remember anything other than the Order, it has taken up his entire adult life & most of his childhood also.
Macloren views the order as a weapon of light to be used against the evils of the world. In his opinion, his Templars are the most powerful military force the Alliance has at it’s disposal & he desperately wants to be as recognised as his father & the Order of Illumination to be as highly regarded as the Knights of the Silver Hand.
Macloren lives to serve the Order & would stand by any member & gladly give his life for them. He would welcome anyone as a brother into the Order providing that they are pure in the light, & he dose not see the difference between the different ‘archetypes’ of Paladin, to him all have a place within his Order as long as they are true to themselves & the light.

FOR ILLUMINATION!!!
Macloren
Macloren
Lord Militant
Lord Militant

Back to top Go down

Post  Arwain Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:13 am

For long i have been looking for a place to feel safe..to feel home.Longh did i travel al by meself with no idea where i was going..only to let the light guide me.
When i meeted brother balamir at the cathedral of light and he told me about the order i just knew it had to be the place iw as looking for for so long and without any thought i decided to join it.
Yes for me Illumination is a place to call home and someday i hope to repay every brother and sister for the warm place they have given me.

To be together with my fellow brothers and sisters fromt he light is more then a dream...its like the light decided it thisway and for as long the light keeps us together in will stay.

For Illumination!!!
Arwain
Arwain
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaylaruana Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:29 pm

For Kayla the order is a place she feels at home and safe. She has not seen much off the world yet and she is still very young. Even do she has not seen what true evil can do she trusts her brothers fully and would follow them anywhere.

For Illumination
Kaylaruana
Kaylaruana
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down