Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paladin order.. Hhm?

+2
Azeem
Nathaniël Epatis Atticus
6 posters

Go down

Paladin order.. Hhm? Empty Paladin order.. Hhm?

Post  Nathaniël Epatis Atticus Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:45 pm

Well met, all.

First of all, I'm not Nathaniël who is on this forum, I'm the priest whom's name is 'Nathaniël' in-game.

Anyhow, I came here with a rather large interest, and found out that The Order is Paladin-only. Though it is perfectly understandable, I ponder about having a priest within your ranks.

I've been studying WoW-lore for a long time, and, the Paladin's were created by Foal, whom led the Holy order of Northshire Clerics. Those clerics were trained to 'become' a paladin, but, were clerics before (priests, so to say). Hence I could RP that I'm one of those clerics, and still in the fase of learning hand to hand combat (what Nathaniël dislikes, hence his lack of ability).

I know it will mess up some OOC things, like, Paladin-only. But, IC it all makes sence, now, doesn't it?

Excuse me for the sudden explosion, don't have time to write it all out, atm. But, contact me IG or here for.. Well.. Replies/ideas.

-Tom.
(Nathaniël, not Nathaniel. ^^ )

Nathaniël Epatis Atticus
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Paladin order.. Hhm? Empty Re: Paladin order.. Hhm?

Post  Azeem Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Wll Met Nathaniël Epatis Atticus,

This has been discussed at length at the founding of the Order about 3-4 years ago. And while we agree that priests very much are a part of the Order they dont make up the Militant Paladin wing of the "Order Of Illumination".

However, we have recently created a Guild that follows alongside this Militant wing. This is all very much an RP Human Priest (Cleric) idea that Macloren and a few others have been bashing around.

Would this be something you would be interested in?

For The Light
Azeem
Azeem
Azeem
Scripture Militant
Scripture Militant

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniël Epatis Atticus Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:35 am

This doesn't answer the question, about the training to become the paladin, but, yes, I'm interested.

Is there a link to their site/or any information about them?

Excuses for the late respond, had some event going on all day.

EDIT:
I mean, Nathaniël is a paladin-in-training, the only OOC limit is armour, but, Nathaniël is customed to wear robes. (If needed, I can fetch BE-paladin starting armour, aka, cloth lookalike of chainmail.)

Nathaniël Epatis Atticus
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaknor Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Priests and Paladins are not the same thing in our minds and one doesn't necessary lead to the other. A priest may later become a paladin but that doesn't mean that they are able to join a brotherhood of paladins whilst still learning scriptures and healing/ shadow spells.

We're an order of mounted, heavy plate wearing, combatants. Our strength lies in the brother at either side, wether they wield shield and sword or lance. We are combatants, who (considering the time) are a small and rapid assault force as much as anything else. It doesn't make sense for a group like this to take those who could be seen as a liability. Priests wear no shield, wear no armor, ride no heavy barded war-steed and their ability to use shadow magic sickens those of us who are closest to the light.

It is nothing personal, we've had these discussions on many occasions however allowing priests into our ranks would change our rp stance which is 'Ordos Millitant' if we were merely a religious brotherhood then yes it would make sense but we are also a brotherhood of martial experts.
Vaknor
Vaknor
Chaplain
Chaplain

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&

Back to top Go down

Post  Balamir Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:34 am

Well said

Vaknor wrote:and their ability to use shadow magic sickens those of us who are closest to the light.

I would underline this sentence, priest character is also able to follow the monk-like way of discipline and even worse shadow, their skill branches are not entirely within the borders of righteousness...unlike paladins. So while they might make good teams together in other guilds, a paladin order, by its very nature cannot embrace priests
Balamir
Balamir
Knight Captain
Knight Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Macloren Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi Nathaniël, Thank you for taking an interest in our Order.

As has been stated before. we would never allow admitence of a non paladin into the Militant wing of the 'Order of Illumination'. I believe that as a holy Order the Order of Illumination would have priests, monks, clerics and Adepts. Indeed clergy of all sorts within it's ranks however as a guild, we're keeping it Human/Paladin only. IC, We do not want to mix with other lesser men and women as some of the members of the Order see non paladins.

I have recently created a sub guild named 'Adept of the Order' with a matching (although not exactly the same) tabard simpy to link my human priest to the Order of Illumination, IC, Father Jamall is a servant of the Order in his roll of Head Adept, he is a scollar of sorts. This does give rise to the Idea that a guild network could be created which would allow 'Cleric of the Order' 'priest of the Order' and other such titles all under the banner of an all human Holy Order. all you would need is a chat chanel which everyone would join to chat IC.

This would need to be hevily regulated by the inner circle of the Order ie, the founding members, as we have worked at the background of the order as mentioned for about 5 years now. I would be very happy to discuss the options with you though either here or in game.
Macloren
Macloren
Lord Militant
Lord Militant

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniël Epatis Atticus Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:53 pm

I thank you all for the answer, for only now it is clear to me that priests are unable to join, even if RP-ed otherwise. I still somehow disagree, but, I'll accept the concept (even though it is not mine to accept).

Now, about the idea of the priesthood.

So, from your view it would be that the Clergy is the main group, and the Order of Illumination is a sub-group, existing -only- of Paladins?..

Hhm.. Thinking about it, I want to show you one of my 'ideas', in hope for critisizm/aid.
The 'Holy Light' order is established (OOC, since IC it exists), and contrinue from that point. The Holy Light Order is simply the group name for all the orders, and they're bounded together by an IC-channel. The order itself is led by NPC's (Arch bisshop 'n Bisshops), for it doesn't excist for PC's. What -is- available for PC's are the sub-orders, example would be the "Order of Illumination", and, "Adapt of the Order" (Not sure about the name, tbh.). They are functional guilds, and while not all the same, they form a so-called 'federation'. Working together, though, not by the same way.
My idea would be, that everyone has influence in the other order, such as, Macloren, Leader of the Order of Illumanation, has a bigger vote to cast then a neopythe of the Adapt Order. How this will be done, I got this idea, merely making a small scetch, don't worry, it'll be worked out.

Archbisshop
Bisshops
Leader of an Order
Officers of an Order
Members of an Order
New in an Order

If you look at this, you'll see that the ArchBisshop Benedictus is the 'leader', in lack of terms. On the other hand, those new in an order should have to answer to an Officer of another Order, to be ordered by someone out of your own Order, he/she has to be two steps higher. (So, Leaders are ordered by the Arch Bisshop only, ect.) Either this would be a good, or, very bad prospect. Not sure about it, but, help would appreciate.
Now, in order to avoid chaos, someone will be appointed OOCly as the leader, for the IC leader is the Archbisshop. This is merely done to avoid difficulties between leaders. (I'd suggest a good trustworthy RP-er, and preferably not in one of the Orders.)

Now, about the Priesthood/Clergy.
I had a plan to create a Brotherhood (thus priest only) if I was rejected within the Order of Illumination. Since Macloren's alt already made one, I would be very inclined to assist and, hopefully join, that instead.
Macloren, I'll talk to you about it. *nod-nod*

And, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to put it all in my hands and change it, I'm merely placing it in.. Well.. 'The Group'.

Nathaniël Epatis Atticus
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaknor Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:46 pm

We've joined groups before, we've been members of several rp factions and it only works when groups are allowed to maintain their solidarity whilst aiding and abetting their allied guilds.

For example we were very close friends with a guild known as the Khazrand ta Khazmodan, an all dwarf guild. There was no leader within the group of allied guilds (known as 'the brotherhood of the five kingdoms') for the very reason that although Ic characters would follow a single man like benedictus in realities terms I and other members of the Order have followed only the word of Macloren for the length of my investiture. Even with this autonomy and a cherished friendship between us and the Ktk the alliances never last.

As an Order we have our own hierarchy being based around:

Lord Militant
Knight Marshal
Knight Captain
Knight
Initiate
Custodian
Neophyte

Something along those lines, we are a self-sufficiant branch of the churches military with our own established traditions and laws. To say an outside member had influence would be wrong, Ic we are a brotherhood who follow only the word of those ranked above us. It is only Macloren who may be approached by the church or any other faction asking for us to take up arms, this is our only outside influence and even then he doesn't have to say yes.

We are the watchmen in the dark, brothers of Illumination and we would be ruled by none that we would not embrace as a brother.
Vaknor
Vaknor
Chaplain
Chaplain

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangelist Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:41 pm

To be fair i belive the best thing you can do is role a pali,
we are dedicated to breeding the most potent holy *warriors* undear the direction of Uthers teachings we are the most unmoving, unyealding unrelenting force to walk the world.
let me show you some thing amazing. Paladin order.. Hhm? Wowscr10

this is what we are looking for again and it will never be that with a priest i think your ideas are exactly what we are looking for in the order and i would partision to have your sword at my side but perhapps you should try the feel of steal once moor and think about becoming,
the ASENDED.

the order has seen off many who would try to accumplish the same things as us not because of cleaver mods or RP events but because we do not compromise we see that Uthers teaching were a definative line to be followed and that Arthas lost his way thew compromise once it begins it never stops we are that definative line brother.
here is the compromise.

Paladin order.. Hhm? Healer10Paladin order.. Hhm? Martyr10
Evangelist
Evangelist
Order Champion
Order Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down