Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nathaniël Soulbringer

+2
Macloren
Nathaniël
6 posters

Go down

Nathaniël Soulbringer Empty Nathaniël Soulbringer

Post  Nathaniël Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:58 am

How it all started

It's been a long time ago when I first got my hands on a weapon. I remember it well...

“It's dark in here... dad? Where are you?” I softly whisper to myself. I am only 12 years old and the room I'm in is cold and damped. Outside, the sounds of battle can be heard. Steel swords clatter together, axes chopping off limbs and shields blocking the swings of the enemy. It's hard to listen to at this age, but I'm sure it'll make me strong somehow.
Suddenly the door shatters and a body comes flying in through the room. He lands in the corner, his chest bleeding from what seems to be a cut from claws. I'm startled at first, and quickly dive behind the table that has been thrown on it's side by the, now seemingly lifeless, body. I'm too scared to look at first, but curiosity always wins. Slowly I look over the table. The body lies in the corner, bleeding and shivering. It's hard to see who it is, but as far as I can see it's at least a human. Slowly I crawl away from behind the table and approach the body. When I finally reach the body I can clearly see who it is.

“DAD! DAD!” tears crawl up from behind my eyes and I start to cry. “No! Not you! DAD! Why you? This isn't fair.....”
I crawl up against my father's body and suddenly he softly starts to speak to me: “Nathaniël..... cough.... It's ok.... you... cough ... are going to be fine....”
He seems to hesitate for a moment but quickly continues: “You must take this from me.... cough....” He hands me a small mace with some strange markings on it. I know it was given to him by Uther the Lightbringer himself and I know it's very precious to my father. It shows he's a worthy paladin, worth of fighting for the light, worth of wielding the light. He would only give this to me when he would..... “Y....y....you.... Why are you giving this to me dad?” I say with sadness filling my voice. I know what he was going to say, but nonetheless it struck me in the heart like a cold bullet. “You know why my son..... cough.... It is my time.... my time to leave this world and join Uther.... cough ..... Don't worry now..... I... I will be fine and so shall you...”

“HAH! Don't think you will be fine at all David! I will make sure of that!” A cold figure appears in the door opening. The demon's eyes burn with fire and his claws are drenched in blood.

“Leave my child out of this you filthy demon!”David shouts out and with all his strength he tries to stand up but falls down immediately. He hasn't got the strength to carry on anymore. “AAAARGH!”
“Dad! No!” Quickly I rise up on my feet. Fear seems to have taken place for strength and courage. The mace I just got, firmly held in my hands. Ready to attack the demon. “Stay away from him you demon!” The demon just stands there and laughs at me. “Do you think YOU can stop me? With THAT toy of yours? Hahaha!” He just stands there and laughs at me. “This is so cute. If I would have been one of your weak and useless humans it might have even touched my cold heart. Too bad for you I DON'T HAVE ONE!”

The demon quickly charges at me and takes a swing at me, hitting the mace out of my hands. When he reaches out to me with one of his claws he suddenly stops and falls on his knees. Blood gushes out of his mouth. A large axe is stuck inside his head and I can see one of my father's friends stand behind the demon, his body covered with blood.

2 days later we buried my father in the graveyard near Uther's Tomb in Western Plaguelands. That day I decided to follow the light and my father's wishes: “Be kind to your friends, show them your heart. Be violent to your enemy, show them your mace. Let the light guide you.”

To be continued.....
Nathaniël
Nathaniël
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Nathaniël Soulbringer Empty Re: Nathaniël Soulbringer

Post  Macloren Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:44 pm

good start, So was your father a member of teh Knights of the Silver Hand? or was he a member of a diferant order? I'd like to hear the part about how he came to join the Order of Iluumination. Smile
Macloren
Macloren
Lord Militant
Lord Militant

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniël Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:04 pm

I'm thinking of a complete storyline. This is ofcourse, only the beginning of why Nathaniël wanted to become a paladin. The rest will take some time to write down I'm afraid. I'm not really sure about in which order David belonged, but I think it will be the Knights of the Silver Hand, although it would be nice to make it more complicated, but that'll cost time as well.

I'll update the story when I have more writen down on my pc/omnia.
Nathaniël
Nathaniël
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Nathaniël Soulbringer Empty Re Nathaniel

Post  Cataplas Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Very good story I like it I will look forward to reading more when its finished.
Cataplas
Cataplas
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangelist Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:17 pm

real nice story man loved it want to here moor
Evangelist
Evangelist
Order Champion
Order Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Cartheron Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:54 pm

nicely done, get some more stuff up - me and vak are tired of being the only storytellers on here Wink
Cartheron
Cartheron
Loremaster
Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Balamir Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:16 pm

i was thinking of writing about my chars disappearance, if i manage to gather around something can I bother you with editing carth?
Balamir
Balamir
Knight Captain
Knight Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Cartheron Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:19 pm

course mate, not a problem at all. just ping it on when its done and let me know and ill edit it on here
Cartheron
Cartheron
Loremaster
Loremaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniël Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:13 pm

Thanks for all the compliments Smile

I'll be adding more to the story soon. (Will be spending an evening on it this week, but don't know if I'll be able to finish what I want though (got a lot of little pieces of the story done, but I need to attach 'm somehow now))
So keep your patience, I'm on it Smile
Nathaniël
Nathaniël
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniël Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:51 am

Darn.... just formatted my harddisk because I had all sorts of lagspikes all the time and now I forgot to backup the story..... gotta start over now. *sigh*
Nathaniël
Nathaniël
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Post  Macloren Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:53 am

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! that sucks!
Macloren
Macloren
Lord Militant
Lord Militant

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniël Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:08 pm

That sucks majorly yes Sad
Oh well, I've been doing some writing again and will post some of it this week. It's a bit about Nathaniël's youth with some backgrounds about the people who took care of him.
Nathaniël
Nathaniël
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangelist Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:35 am

Just read that again i really liked the fact you consentrated on the loss of your Father and the emotion that you gave to your charactor,
you are just what we are looking for i liked the modesty you have put in here many who rite storys like that offten give the child powerful start like slaying the deamon with the powers of light channeled threw your fathers mace.
instead you have a friend come to your aid and dispatch the creature with a good old fashon decapitation and let your readers decide weather it was fate chance or the will of the light again i like it.
Evangelist
Evangelist
Order Champion
Order Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Macloren Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Good point Evan, I never even thought of that. If you imagen what a child would actualy do in that instance, Dead father, scary monster standing over him. I think the standard responce is to piss in your pants, and quite right too!
Macloren
Macloren
Lord Militant
Lord Militant

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniël Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:09 am

Thank Evangelist. That was exactly my idea. A kid at that age might stand against a demon, powered by his or her emotions, but will never defeat it. So I thought aid would be the most reasonable thing to think of. Next part will be Nathaniël's teen years. But more about that soon. Gotta find some time to write again, been too busy to get myself to 80 and my blacksmithing to 450 lately.
Nathaniël
Nathaniël
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Nathaniël Soulbringer Empty Nathaniël’s youth

Post  Nathaniël Thu May 28, 2009 9:08 pm

The mace swings through the air, hitting the dummy on it’s head and shattering it’s wooden nose. The large spikes on the mace cause the dummy to crack and it’s head is left in an awkward position.
“I did it Edward! I did it!” Nathaniël yells and he jumps around the courtyard like a little boy. He’s reached the age of 16 by now and his skill in maces has grown conciderably. Since his father died he’s been living with Sir Edward and Lady Mary and they’ve been trying to teach Nathaniël everything about the light and all that comes with such a great responsibility.
“Yes Nathaniël” Edward replies, “You’ve done it. You can be proud of yourself my son.” Edward gives nathaniël a quick hug and then sends him off to Lady Mary.
“You’d better hurry up boy, she’s waiting for you allready and I don’t want her to get mad at me for sending you in this late.” He makes a quick gesture towards the abby and Nathaniël runs off. Halfway he stops for a moment to turn around and shout: “Is it ok if I come by after the lessons Edward? I want to practise a bit more.”
“No Nathaniël. I’ve told you before, you’ll need your rest tonight since we’ve got a long journey ahead of us. Stormwind isn’t really next door you know.” Edward replies and he shakes his head while saying so. “That boy will never learn…” he whispers softly to himself. As he stands there he sees Nathaniël open the small abbey door and disappear in the darkness behind it.

Quietly Nathaniël enters the room, hoping not to be noticed by Lady Mary. Some of the kids look up and Nathaniël quickly holds his finger in front of his lips. “Sshht” he softly whispers and gently moves past the large wooden bookcase almost knocking over a small vase. He quickly turns around and grabs the blue piece of glass and puts it back on it’s place. “Pfew” he thinks and turns around again.
“Nathaniël Soulbringer!” echoes through the small room, “Where have you been? Have you been playing with those meaningless weapons again boy? Do you never learn?” Lady Mary stands right in front of him now. She probably sneeked up on him when he was saving that vase from shattering to a thousand pieces and really got him scared to the bone now. She has always had the magic to leave a mark inside your head, making you feel guilty for doing something wrong. It might be her soft and gentle face that shines in the sun or it could just be her gentle voice that can turn into a complete arsenal of maces whacking you on the head and trying to get into it. And when she shouts at you with your full name in front of the warning, you’d better hide and get out of harms way.
“I… I was just practising my mace skill miss…. I…. I was all by myself..” Nathaniël mutters. Lady Mary looked at him and shook her head “You know lying is bad for you boy. It’s better to tell the truth and face the consequences of your actions then to lie and hide yourself behind the wall they call cowardism.”
“I’m sorry Lady Mary…. It won’t happen again…” Nathaniël looks at the floor in front of his feet, ashamed of his cowardice action, but nevertheless happy to have shown so much power in front of Sir Edward. A small smirk covers his face and he quickly moves to his bench.
“You can open page 56 of your book “The light and the darkness.”.” Lady Mary says and Nathaniël gets his book from the small drawer underneath the bench and quickly goes to page 56.

“The light has always been here in par with darkness. One can not exist without the other. Studies have shown that, if the darkness would not be there, we could not exist, for all men and all women, all bears and all squirrels have a sense of remorse and a sense of revenge. We can not love without hating someone and we can not hate without loving someone. These are the teachings of life. That which killed your loved one would have to be hated by someone, but that which saved you must be loved by someone as well. If we look closer……"

“No! Not you! DAD! Why you? This isn't fair.....” The words still echo in his head. He hates the demon that killed his father, but he loves Sir Edward for saving his life. On the other hand he hates him for letting him live, for he’d rather have died that day to be with his beloved dad and to be reunited with his mother. Love and hate, light and darkness. The lessons fit like a glove…..

Last edited by Nathaniël on Thu May 28, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Editing of text)
Nathaniël
Nathaniël
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Post  Macloren Fri May 29, 2009 3:10 pm

Ah, the saga continues!!!!

I like it buddy. I'm so glad you've stayed in touch on the forum even though you've transfered to a diferent server. keep em comming I love the background stuff.
Macloren
Macloren
Lord Militant
Lord Militant

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniël Sat May 30, 2009 4:31 pm

Wasn't planning to leave the forum mac and I'll keep 'm comming whenever I have the time, but am still in the middle of my study. Haven't been online lately as well Sad
And thanks for the kind words Smile
Nathaniël
Nathaniël
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniël Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:35 am

Great deeds require great responsibility

It’s been 5 years ago since my last lessons in the abbey, but I have not forgotten them and I never will. “Great deeds require great responsibility”, these are the last words from Lady Mary when I left the abbey to go and seek wisdom and luck. But all I’ve found thus far is grief, hate and loneliness. Maybe it’s some trial I have to go through, but a trial lasting 5 years? That’s just stupid! There must be some wisdom or luck to be gathered somewhere in these barrens.
“Humph!” Nathaniël kicks a small rock a few feet away, dust and sand slowly falls down back to the ground and covers his boot. “All I see here are beasts, some trees and a LOT of sand! I hate this place; I really hate this place…” He pats his horse and jumps on his back. “HAAH!” he yells and the horse starts to gallop.
Just a few 100 feet behind him lies a small settlement called The Crossroads. Not a nice place to be when you’re human though. Orcs and the likes roam that place and if not in full body armour, Nathaniël wouldn’t have survived the attack just an hour or 2 ago. By accident he rode right into that damn place. Got a few scratches on his armour, but that’s all, thank the Gods. Cut a few limbs himself though. I guess some of ‘m will be having a hard time dual wielding from now on.
“Nathaniël! Stop!” Someone that seems to be a small boy runs towards Nathaniël, waving a small object which seems to be a letter of some sort. Quickly Nathaniël pulls his horse into a halt. “What is it boy?” he replies. The boy quickly hands him the letter. “Finally I found you! Took me 3 months to track you down. You’re too quick for an old gnome like me!” The boy seems to be a gnome called Zaazaa Bucketsproggle, one of the other caretakers from the Abbey. The gnome sits down on the hot sand and quickly stands up again, rubbing his butt. “YAY! Thet sand is darn hot here! I knew I should have said no to this delivery, but since I was the only one capable of tracking you down…”
“I am grateful Zaazaa, but what brings you here? This letter can’t be the only thing. There must be something else.” Nathaniël waves the letter in the air and looks at Zaazaa as if he’s trying to read his mind.
“Nathaniël…. Just read the letter will ya. There’s….. important information in there”
The seal on top of the letter is from the abbey. Nathaniël hesitates for a small moment, but decides to break the seal and read the letter:

Dear Nathaniël,

A few years ago you left our abbey, looking for wisdom and luck. I hope you have found it by now, for I have sad news to bring you. Last night Lady Mary, your teacher and caretaker, has let out her last breath. In this last breath she let me know we have to find you and send you an item. The item is a small ring which was given to Lady Mary for safekeeping until the day would arrive she could not do so anymore. On this ring is bestowed a blessing from your mother. Blessed years before you where born. I am sure it will give you some relieve to your loss.

May the Gods bless you on your path to wisdom.

Sir Edward

A small tear rolls down Nathaniël’s cheek. “I must continue my journey” is the only thing he can say and he spurs his horse and runs off into the distance, leaving Zaazaa behind, confused and riddled….
Nathaniël
Nathaniël
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathaniël Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:42 am

A loooooooooooong time ago, but been busy with a lot of things: work, study, upcomming marriage, new study this coming February, new job in February, etc. But I just bumped into my story and had to write a small bit again. Just a small piece, but I'll try and get some more stuff done on it. Will have a month off from work in January and I might find a small spot in that month to continue it Rolling Eyes
Well, hope you enjoy it a little bit. It's not very good, but enjoy it nevertheless.

Nathaniël
Nathaniël
Nathaniël
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down