Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whisperings in the Dark

3 posters

Go down

Whisperings in the Dark Empty Whisperings in the Dark

Post  Vaknor Thu May 28, 2009 2:02 pm

(( Don't think I posted this when I wrote it, was going to be the beginning of the show down with Balamir over him calling Azeem and Carth heretics and them accusing him of beingn a xenos fondler. ))

“So it comes to this brothers?” The hooded men stood around the plinth of triangular stone.
“It seems so.” The second replied.
“There is no other path?” The third said with a hint of desperation.
“His mind is made up, our hand is forced.”

The cold tomb of the Shadow-bane cast no echoes, it was one of the reasons it was chosen for their meetings. It toyed with dimensions, shadow and sound acted differently here, it was their inner sanctum.

“But he is only a boy. Over zealous he may be but a boy none the less.” The eldest of them continued.
“Sage you know what we risk, the destruction of the fraternity is more important than our standing within the brotherhood.”
The largest of the three men assembled lifted his cowl to reveal his dark tanned skin.
“Edge is right brother; we must review our options.”
“Aye, I know brothers. I just hoped we could still talk him around.” The eldest shook his head sadly as he spoke his fatalist words.
“Old man, the time for decisions is now. Stop delaying, the stage has been set we just have to pick our parts.”
Yatigan stared at Quillion;
“A little wordy for you brother.” He forced a smile even though he didn’t feel like it. “What are our options?”
“Exile.” The old man spoke looking absently away into the gloom.
“We could silence him directly?” Yatigan looked upon his brother with sorrow in his eyes;
“Yes...Directly.”
The old man became aggitated and started to fidget uncomfortably;
“You are talking of murder brothers... Can we truly jusity ending the life of one of our brothers to keep our work secret?”
Quillion sighed.
“Yes. Nothing is more important than the matter at hand. We work to save the lives of thousands... Tens of thousands. One life cannot be weighed in comparsion to the lives of that many.”
Yatigan nodded in agreement.
“He is lost to us brother. He bonds himself with Xenos. It is not our way.”
The old man rubbed his forehead in contemplation,
“But murder? There must be another way.”

Yatigan moved to his brothers side and placed his hand on his shoulder.
“There is one more path.... Suffering.”
Quillion caught the look in his brothers eye.
“The elf. If we removed her he would be wrought with grief...The fire in his heart that calls for Inquisition would be extinguished and in its place sorrow would reside.”
The old man grumbled;
“If that is the path we decide there must be no way it can be traced to us.”
The three men nodded in agreement and knelt before the alter. The catchesims of the Light pouring from their lips like liquid gold. Each entered a trance like state whilst they communed with the divine power of the Light. Slowly each came round to full consciousness.

“It is decided.” Yatigan rose to his feet and took up his staff.
“The path is clear.” Quillion agreed .
The old man merely grumbled and struggled to his feet. The three Shadow-bane Inquisitors stalked from the vaults and up into Stormgarde keep. Sealing the door behind him Vaknor whispered to himself;
“I pray we have made the right decision.”
Vaknor
Vaknor
Chaplain
Chaplain

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&

Back to top Go down

Whisperings in the Dark Empty Re: Whisperings in the Dark

Post  Kaylaruana Thu May 28, 2009 2:49 pm

((If I get story on elf done old men a elf is the least of your worry's. Very Happy ))
Kaylaruana
Kaylaruana
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeem Thu May 28, 2009 3:06 pm

As he watched his two closest brothers go their separate ways, heavy sorrow fell upon his soul. Yatigan could remember the time when he considered his brothers and sisters' Titans of strength and piety amongst men. Now it came to this.. how did the Marshalls allow a xeno and purebred marriage in the first place.

"The reckoning this way comes my brothers"
Azeem
Azeem
Scripture Militant
Scripture Militant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down