Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honor guard

5 posters

Go down

Honor guard Empty Honor guard

Post  Vaknor Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:26 am

“Company! Attention!” Line captain Tokken Ironbrand stepped to the front of the honor guard and bowed before his lord.
“Everything is in order sir, the Order’s finest are gathered as you requested.”
Macloren regarded his captain with a half smile that betrayed his affection for the man, “Very good brother, tell the men to stand at ease.” Tokken dutifully fulfilling his role stepped back and barked the order to the assembled knights.

The morning mists rolled in off the sea almost serenely over Stormwind harbour as five figures sat astride their warhorses in front of an assembly of glimmering plate clad warriors. The five men were the council of Illumination, the Lord militant Macloren, Chaplin Vaknor, Champion Evangelist, Shield brethren Castorr and the Samaritan knight Azeem. The council looked out proudly upon the finest the order had to offer. It was Macloren who broke the morning’s silence;

“Brothers and sisters of Illumination, you know I am not one for big speeches where curt words will suffice but today is a day we have long waited for! Today we take the fight to the grand betrayer! Today we set sail for the cursed shores of Northrend! You are my chosen, you are my honor guard. We ride together as brothers and sisters of the light and nothing will stand before the righteousness of our retribution!”

A cry of adulation broke from the assembled knights all eager to board the boats for the far off northern shores. It was the old and cantankerous Chaplin who spoke next;

“Brothers and sisters, amongst you one must be chosen. One to bear the Order’s colours, to have the honor of fighting at your lord’s side, who here believes they have the strength of will and the force of conviction to bear our most sacred relic?”

At that moment two robed acolytes who stood beside Chaplain Vaknor unfurled the Order’s most sacred relic, the templar cross emblazoned on the standard in gold as bright as the sun showed no sign of the many battles it had seen. Some said it was blessed by the light never to have a blemish upon it. Each man and woman cried out that they were worthy of carrying so sacred a relic. Tokken turned to them admonishing them for their riotous behaviour, only to have Castorr lean over to him;

“Let them be lad, rather they have some fire in their bellies ay?”

Once the assembly had regained composure and silence had once again fallen Vaknor resumed;

“Brothers and sisters although I am sure you are all worthy of such an honor we look to the light to appoint its champion. Scion, guide us.”
Evangelist looked up, as if startled from some deep thought and spoke;
“As the light wills it brother,” Evangelist dismounted and stepped before the assembled knights spreading his hands to the heavens and offered up a divine plea, his soul reached out the honored dead as they whispered to him one name.

His trance state coming to an end Evangelist faced his lord,
“Well brother?” Macloren inquired.
“The one who shall bear the Order standard is not here my lord.”
The crowd let out an involuntary gasp at this shocking revelation, never before had someone outside of the honor guard been chosen for this weighty responsibility, only a chosen veteran was thought worthy of such a task.
Evangelist leant in close to Macloren and revealed the identity of the chosen one. A sly smirk spread across Macloren’s face and a mischievous spark entered his one eye.

“Oh aye? Is that so Brother? Well send for her then.... We don’t have time to be sitting around here all day.”

The knights watched as the young lady was led towards the council, she looked nervous as all eyes were upon her. She walked under the gaze of a hundred hardened veterans of a hundred bloody battles and had no idea why. Her heart pounding in her chest she came before the five mounted figures that were adorned in full battle gear, weapons in their sheaths and slings. Dropping to one knee before them she spoke;

“My lord, is something the matter? I do hope I have done nothing to displease you.”
Macloren dismounted his horse and drew his short sword from the scabbard at his hip, approaching he placed his hand on her chin and lifted her head so he could look into the young girls eyes.
“You have done nothing wrong sister.” Raising his sword he placed the tip on her shoulder and said;

“Arise Kaylaruana, arise and be recognised henceforth as Imagifier of the honor guard. You shall bear our holy standard and accompany us to Northrend! For Illumination!”

As the crowd of assembled knights called back their lord’s battle cry and cheered Kaylaruana’s name waves of emotion flooded her. What an honour she had been given and rather than having wounded the pride of her elder brothers and sisters they cheered her with all their hearts. She rose and the two acolytes handed her the ancient relic, Macloren smirked at her reeling under the immense weight;

“Don’t worry lass, you’ll get the feel of the thing.” Holding back tears of pride she replied;
“The strength of my brothers will help me bear any weight my lord.”
“That’s what I wanted to hear girl, I am sure the light has chosen you for a reason but come we have work to do! Brothers! Sisters! Onwards to Northrend! For Illumination!”

As the company started to board the ship that would bare them hence the early morning skies rang with the cry.

“For Illumination!”

((This is not my usual style of writing, being you know... cheerful and all... But I enjoyed writing it. If you feel like you would rather your character was not portrayed like this Kay just say as I normally talk to people about their characters before writing them insert but yeh hope you like it.))
Vaknor
Vaknor
Chaplain
Chaplain

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&

Back to top Go down

Honor guard Empty Re: Honor guard

Post  Kaylaruana Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:02 pm

((I like it Vaknor.))
Kaylaruana
Kaylaruana
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Back to top Go down

Post  Macloren Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:16 pm

briliant. I love the part where she cant hold the standard properly cos it's so heavy! bless her! Wink
Macloren
Macloren
Lord Militant
Lord Militant

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaylaruana Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:40 pm

Honor guard Braid
Kaylaruana
Kaylaruana
Knight Templar