Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scions Beginning

2 posters

Go down

The Scions Beginning Empty The Scions Beginning

Post  Evangelist Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:51 pm

The Scion of the light

A time many years ago lived a small boy named Evan the oldest of three brothers.
Most of his child hood was spent watching his father craft many wondrous things from steal, Evan loved the smell of the smelting ore and would watch in complete silence as his father would Temper the steal of a new blade in particular he was enthralled buy the two different skills that were needed to work such master pieces the strong almost endless rhythm used to pound and shape the molten metal and the intricate creation of the art work of a decretive Handle.
He new that one day he would take up his fathers craft and make weapons that could have the adventures he could only dream of.

In the summers he and his brothers would go to watch the games a time that old nights would defend there titles against younger moor zealous lords./
The regional tournaments were the high light of his calendar and each year he would watch as the area was set up it was amazing to see all the carpenters and seamstress working to make the stands and decorations ready.
Evan would walk round the shallow fenced pits looking at where the swords men would show there skills and marveled at the long runs designed to separate the Jousters and keep there barded steeds on the rite line to collide with there adversary,
then there was the open fields where lords could challenge any who had insulted there honor or fight for the hand of a woman , many would come just to see these great men who would one day defend there lands and there king.
Evan and his brothers would often imagine what it would be like to be a night and to command the respect of all who looked at them to be cheered by the poor and to be admired by the eligible ladies of the court he would have given his soul to experience such things.

*a trumpet sounds *
And Evan is snatched from his day dream to see the Umpire calling for the next nights to come forward this is what he had been waiting for Swords,
Buy far this was his favorite competition he new it did not share the same status as jousting but in his mind it was a much moor dedicated sport than the fools who road at each other with poles hoping not to fall out of there saddle yes the sword was a true test of a man of curse the first few fights would show some skill and some fancy moves, but as his father had told him once the first few rounds are over the fatigue starts to set in the drain on the arms start to show, then guards go down all who have used cleaver tricks and boastful maneuvers will have spent there strength and the true swords men would start to show.
There eye on there opponent and there steady unshaken grip on there swords resting on there back leg to take the wait of the blade conserving all there energy for the decisive blow that will win them the day.

His father shared his love for this event and would often stand with his son wile his brothers were guessing who would win the Jousting.
Look Evan look there that is one of mine
Evans father would say beaming with pride as he saw his craft put to the test, it was like each blow belonged to the Blacksmith each ring of steal on steal was a song written for him a song telling of his skill and crafts man ship.

In time Evan was given the opportunity to work with his father at only seven winters of age we was the youngest black smith to have ever worked in the town, and many of the locals believed it to all be a vain attempt to drum up moor business for the old man but I truth Evan would not let any one stop him from pursuing his fathers craft night and day he worked to just create the moor simplistic items such as pins and shoes for the horses never wanting to learn moor than he believed he was ready for.
Part of him loved what he was giving his father time.
by taking away all of his small jobs his father was able to spend moor time perfecting the art and could place much moor important orders to better support there family.

When Evan had reached his ninth winter he was able to fashion moor ad moor of the mundane things needed threw out the local area and would spend countless evenings working the left over steal to make a blade.
One of these evenings Evan had not herd his father come in the smith and was unaware that he stood looking at him,
Evan turned and saw his father and teacher in the hot orange coal light,
Swet from the heat and the endless shaping of metal ran down his lean muscular form and he regarded him with a gentle nod of the head.
“My boy why do you seek to make a blade for your self “
Evan “how does you no it is for me “
“Son there is no one to commission you for that blade and non who world have it made from off cut materials “
Evan looked down at the poor attempt of creating a blade held in his well used prongs the dim orange light already diming red.
“Son always remembers we are all created for purposes some are made better than others and some are made different we all have a role and we all have a task, when you create some thing it must also work to achieve its designed goal.
The sheos you make are made for a steed the pins to hold it be proud in noing you create for a reason the same as every sword I have made is made for its master “.

Son if you are making a sword then you must already no who it is for and if it s for you then you will one day need to use it and the day that happens you will no longer be a black smith
But father Evan interrupts I am a black smith and will always be a black smith like you we are the same.
No son we are not the same when we watch the games I love to see my creations in the hands of greater men to see them perform in there duties the best they can.
I am as proud when I see a shear In a field cutting wheat that I have made I am happy to see purpose, but when you watch the games you see the skill of the man holding the blade and hold your breath as the man only manages to stop the oncoming blow.
Your shoulders mimic the change in pole and stance as each opponent works to make space for a winning blow.
I no im a silly old fool but I think its time we made you a sword of your own one of purpose one that will in time show its purpose.

The Scions Beginning Angelt10

Last edited by Evangelist on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Evangelist
Evangelist
Order Champion
Order Champion

Back to top Go down

The Scions Beginning Empty Re: The Scions Beginning

Post  Evangelist Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:54 pm

this is only the first part of the story not sure if im going to write it in a string of short storys or just continue as one but we will see how it goes.
if one of you nice moderators can do your thing to get grammer and things sorted will be great and dont worry about making any changes to keep story flowing not on till the 27th now all play nice and see you then.
Evangelist
Evangelist
Order Champion
Order Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Aspharr Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:37 am

Nice story mate like how you linked your profession to your overall destiny be become a Paladin... Im sure theres plenty to add if u want.
If you do add more to it i look foward to reading it, nice start Evan Smile
Aspharr
Aspharr
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down