Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balamir's Torm

5 posters

Go down

Balamir's Torm Empty Balamir's Torm

Post  Penitence Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:05 pm

Balamir you seem to be a troubled young man and i much admire your rise through the orders ranks but it concerns me that you place more faith in the words of your barbaric religion devoted to the lesser diety of Torm and on occasion hint at heresy in the order.
I see you are a truely compassionate and indead caring brother and i belive you would do any thing to save others including sacrificing your self to save the lives of others.

If this is the case why do you hold on to the teachings of a god that had to feed of the souls of his belivers in order to combat a greater evil.That my brother is not a compassionate god but one of perpose who will do what ever it takes.

look at our patron Uther, who layed down his life to save others against his former student.
ask yourself brother before you judge the Shadowbane when they make sacrifices for the greater good would your God not do the same?

Look again brother are you infact not closer to the image of your lord Uther and the shadowbane not closer to Torm in affect.

no offence intended brothers.

a reference form the book of Torm...........
During the time of troubles, Torm defeated the avatar of Bane. He knew he did not have enough power to do this, so he chose to absorb the souls of his worshipers in Tantras, knowing that they would be instantly killed. The transferring of souls was done voluntarily and took thousands of lives, but Torm chose to spare children aged 14 and below. These individuals became known as the Martyr's Progeny.
Penitence
Penitence
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Balamir's Torm Empty Re: Balamir's Torm

Post  Azeem Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:13 pm

Wise words Kind Sister.

As always you shine the light on those of us who walk in Dark Places. May the light always protect you my Sister.

Azeem
Azeem
Azeem
Scripture Militant
Scripture Militant

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangelist Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:22 pm

may the shadows fear you my brother.
Evangelist
Evangelist
Order Champion
Order Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Cartheron Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:24 pm

Truly the Light speaks through you Sister. I have missed your presence at our side
Cartheron
Cartheron
Loremaster
Loremaster

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&

Back to top Go down

Post  Penitence Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:31 pm

Brothers I am but a messenger and I bring only suggestion and light. I am the guide, I am the becon.

I feel safer in the knowlege that you hunt the shadows.
Penitence
Penitence
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Post  Balamir Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:01 pm

I am presuming that the fact you come to the conclusion Torm's teachings are barbaric is due to the fact that I carry barbarian blood, but it is not the case. I left Tenmora at the age of four and been recruited to my initial Order. And I would like to make it clear that Torm, let alone being barbaric, is the purest form of nobility with every single example he set. No deity or godly power has ever been truer than The True Deity.
If my deity has drawn your attention, I would consider it a responsibility to share some facts about him. Torm used to be a human, a paladin and a divine champion in the service of a fair king before the war of gods, he has achieved many deeds thought impossible by the guidance of his unwavering faith, and unmatched courage. And his purity brought him godly presence at last, making him a demigod. In the war of the gods, the god of destruction and tyranny, Bane feloniously wounded Tyr, the greater god of righteousness being weakened the fate of all that is good was hanged in balance, and the odds were not on the favor of higher good. Under such circumstances, Torm, naught but a demigod power dared stood against chaos and tryranny. A demigod challenging a greater god is out of mind to all and even exceeds the line of impossible. It was something more than impossible, but Torm did it. He stood against the wicked Bane and through the pure faith and devotion of his followers, he did kill him, and died himself afterwards. The single demigod that stands against a greater god and even defeats him, for sure it took a sacrifice, but such sacrifice was done whole hearthilly, by his proud followers. Imagine a god that does not even slightly care about keeping his godly presence and a whole community of believers putting their lives for their righteous deity, when need arises. Such an example exists neither in Azeroth, nor in Areldune history. Therefore the image of deities, saints, champions and other noticable higher beings stand merely humble, when compared to that of Torm.

As for heresy and sacrifice

Sacrifice is putting your everything in line and still staying what you are, if need be
Heresy is compromising your virtues in the name of fighting the ''enemy'', and becoming what you fight, yourself

My hearth is closed to the whispers of doom and my mind rejects the powers offered from unknown corners

I am a guardian
I am deaf and I am blind
Under his radiance and his command
I am righteousness in its purest form

Last edited by Balamir on Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Balamir
Balamir
Knight Captain
Knight Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeem Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:05 pm

Balamir wrote:. No deity or godly power has ever been truer than The True Deity.

Do you believe this and the Light to be the same Brother?
Azeem
Azeem
Scripture Militant
Scripture Militant

Back to top Go down

Post  Balamir Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:31 pm

I believe I have spoken my mind openly here, refer to those words if you seek to know anything further about me
Balamir
Balamir
Knight Captain
Knight Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Penitence Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:51 pm

I agree brother I have not the same extensive library at my disposal and I did not question your gods alignment only remarked on its similarity to that of the shadowbane in its endeavours.

But my point still stands that you place much more faith in this deity than you do the Order and the Light.

I would ask you to apply that same angry passion in to learning what the Order is and stands for.

Defend not persecute its members and realise you know about as much of the Orders history as I do Torms.

My question to you brother is will you one day sit at the Lord Militants side as a champion of Uther, or will this role be too pale for a champion of Torm.

Balamir's Torm Uther_10
Penitence
Penitence
Neophite
Neophite

Back to top Go down

Post  Balamir Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:02 pm

Righteousness is not a hammer holded singlehandedly by Torm, or Tyr or Uther or any other. It is the very virtue that keeps the world of man standing and instills goodness in our hearths. It is the motivation that draws many champions to the dictates of duty. My hearth beats with that righteousness, regardless of the symbol my armor carries. Put Torm's right hand on it, or the symbol of Uther in my opinion it makes no difference. I have served Torm and The Dawnbringer Order as an inquistor, I now serve Uther and The Order of Illumination as a seneschal, and I have honestly done my best to fulfill both tittles given to me. I have never questioned the scale of duty or the name given, only the purity of the faction i serve. It is true that I am bound to my deity at hearth, but it never deprives me from serving my Order or Uther as they are of the same light alike. So long as I stay true to my oath and do not stray from the ways of a Paladin i will both be serving Uther and Torm with the examples I set. Still you are correct to point out I know less about the past of Order or Uther. As for claiming the name of a champion, i am not worthy of being a champion of either of them, but strive to be a servant of both.

Let us be judged by our virtues and deeds rather than the name we give to the light that shines upon us or by the one we found love in.
Balamir
Balamir
Knight Captain
Knight Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum